What victim services are available?

Victim services for Municipal Court cases are available through the Summerville Police Department by calling 843-873-1262 or 843-871-2463. You may also call the First Circuit Solicitor's Office at 843-871-2460 for state level cases that occurred in Dorchester County. You may also call the Ninth Circuit Solicitor's Office at 843-719-4529 or 843-958-1900 for state level cases that occurred in Berkeley or Charleston County.

The victim advocate can explain the judicial system, act as a link between the prosecutor and the victim, give current case status information, assist in obtaining orders of protection, make referrals (counseling, food, shelter, etc.), and escort victims while they testify or appear at hearings.

For more information about these services, visit the Summerville Police Department, First or Ninth Circuit Solicitor's Office website.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a complaint about an officer?
2. How do I get an attorney?
3. What attorney should I call to handle my case?
4. I can do this in another court. Why can't I do it here?
5. What do I do if I don't think the judge got all the information about my case before I was found guilty?
6. What will be my sentence?
7. Why did I receive this charge?
8. Will the judge put me in jail for this?
9. Can I represent myself?
10. I have asked you several questions and you won't answer them. Why aren't you more helpful?
11. What happens at a trial?
12. What happens at the arraignment?
13. Can I plead by phone?
14. My relative got arrested. Who do I talk to?
15. What victim services are available?
16. What have I been charged with?
17. What sentence will I get if I plead guilty?